Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sew nice to see you today, Handsome Rob!

Good Day Bitches!

This week has been exceptional for me. I have the old spirit back and a pep in my step, and I think it was my birthday that inspired it. I know, birthdays aren’t supposed to inspire, but depress, and this year it didn’t!

It started with a dinner with me Ma and Pa, chicken wings of course. Ma slid a card over to me with a crisp hundo. Lucci baby! I knew right away what I was going to spend it on. Last summer I sewed a dress for k simon. Let me tell you, I have learned a lot from that experience, mainly to never sew for free. Sorry k simon, but I have grown quite a bit since then, and that free-bee was the last. I love you babe, but that endeavor was way beyond the call of friendship duty.

It was the hardest thing I have ever sewn. Over 30 pattern pieces, some of which need to be cut over 4 times. Two zippers, boning, two linings, horsehair braid, silk, topstitching… the list continues, but it was the most beautiful dress I have ever made, and k simon looked AMAZING in it.

So it was an easy decision to spend my cash monies on fabric to make that dress again, this time for myself. I wanted to give it a rock vibe, so I chose a striped silk and cut it at an angle to really rock it out. I still have the corset to do and the hemline, but so far…

Another birthday push to inspire was my new best friend, Connie’s, Bastille day party. It was a Sunday lunch to shame all other lunches previous to. All of my favorite things, and I am not talking about brown paper packages tied up with string, I am talking Pink Cremant de Alsace, antique crystal champagne glasses, gougeres, unpasturized French cheese, PATE-mother-f-ers, escargot, salad nicoise… the list just goes on!

Because of Connie, I am blogging today, as well as doing some serious cooking. Check out the shittiest plum tart:

It is wrong in so many ways. The crust is hard as a rock… I won’t even begin to list all of its faults.
But besides sewing and cooking I have been spending a lot of time in the garden, watching my presents from Frank-n-beanie. Aren’t they beautiful?
I also have been making beautiful arangements from flowers in my garden... check out this mornings... I love pink and red!
Alright bitches, go back to what you were doing, my blog time here is done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yipee!!! So glad to be your inspiration! I love the dress and the flowers are magnifique! I think we need to schedule another "Business meeting" he he