Saturday, July 31, 2010

Project Runway Challenge

I had an epiphany last night while watching the season premier of Project Runway: I can do this! As Tim Gunn was introducing the contestants, giving a little bio behind their design skills, I realized “my clothes are just as great” and in some instances “better” then some of the current contestants. I also realized how far my design skills have come in the past 4 years when I last tried out for Project Runway.

“I can do this.”

“I could totally do this.”

But I have to try out to be able to win the darn thing, so until next spring I will be taking the Project Runway Challenge, as a sort of way to train in sewing combat, boot camp style.

What is the Project Runway Challenge?

I will be taking each weeks challenge on at home, in my studio, following the shows guidelines to the best of my ability. Mind you, there are bound to be some challenges that won’t be easy to replicate, but I shall try my best. At the end of the season I too will create a scaled back line, if I make it that far!

The goal is to challenge myself and my creativity, sell each weeks garment on my website, and have the proceeds go towards my favorite animal shelter Family Dogs New Life.

I hope you join me. The challenge starts today!

No comments: