Wednesday, March 29, 2006

EATIN' GOOD IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

My top ten favorite foods:

10) Fois Gras
9) Gummy Bears, jelly belly’s, ju ju bees
8) Ice Cream (pistachio, white licorice)
7) Pate, braunschweiger
6) Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Cheese
5) Pickles & Sauerkraut
4) Cured Meats (pepperoni, capicola, Prosciutto, salami)
3) Hot Dogs
2) Watermelon
1) Crème Brule

By looking at this list, one might suspect that I am pregnant. NO. I am 1/4 German and these foods are what Germanic people eat. Like the gummy bears. They created the damn things. http://www.candyusa.org/Candy/gummicandy.asp Germany is really Gummy Land. They go nutz for them bears! And when it comes to cured meats, hot dogs & braunschweiger, those are their national team’s mascots. And don’t even think about fucking with a Germans Sauerkraut! They will sausage your ass. So I say make yourself a list, check it twice, and see if your heritage peeks through your favorite foods…..

5 comments:

Chaz Fresh said...

As "the husband", I see some glaring omissions. How about some Sushi, most specifically salmon sashimi? You love that shit.

Wacky Poo Blacky said...

Those Germans are down right CRAZY for Gummi bears!! When Jimmy and I were there, we went to the Haribo Gummi Museum where there were larger than life sculptures of gummi bears out front! There is also a company there called Baren-Treff (www.baeren-treff.de) that makes gummis with real fruit juice and vitamins. I ate a 2 lb. bag of these things in one day!! Don't even get me started on how much I love the sausage...

Lisa Dandy said...

I LOVE HARIBO GUMMI BEARS......mmmmm......gummi. I also love cottage cheese with baked tofu slices in it....what does that say about my heritage?

Jimmy Drylids said...

Damn! Now I'm hungry. What about smoked things. You know, this is the year of smoked meats.

Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Hotdogs and beer. Life is sooo good.

rachel said...

fyi- all that stuff is pretty popular in the Netherlands, too.