Sunday, March 19, 2006

less than 5 DAYS & COUNTING

I told myself that I wasn’t going to get frustrated, that this whole project (project-get-me-on-reality-TV), was going to be an adventure, something to look forward to. Today was a different story.

I can control my sewing. I can control my creativity and ideas. I can have fun with this. HOWEVER, I can not control the sale of portfolios, nor the merchandizing of them, which has turned out to be my biggest frustration out of this whole process. I know what I want. I know what I want to spend. But I can’t find it. Instead I have to search, high and low, to over 10 different stores, INCLUDING, second-hand shops, looking for a stylish, clean, not cheap looking, 3-ring-binder-portfolio-thingy. I have spent more time roaming around the city looking for the elusive plastic contraption than I have sewing, which is a DAMN shame.

So, I was almost brought to tears. I KNOW. TEARS. I shouldn’t be crying, or on the brink of crying during such an exciting adventure such as project-get-me-on-reality-TV! While balancing on the edge my superhero of a husband ran out into the foggy, wind swept, scrap booking world and brought me some closure. He brought me 8 ½” X 11” plastic, non acid, page protectors. And not just one style, TWO to choose from. I was so close to jumping off that “I’m going to go psycho cliff,” but Chaz rescued me. Give him props everybody!

And not only did he rescue me, but they look great.

Anyhow, it is going on 7 pm, and I have only just finished my first garment to show. Enjoy the pictures, I am off to start my second garment. Ciao babies!


1 comment:

Chaz Fresh said...

You go Chaz! You "da man"!